We were able to get a nice trail run in yesterday after getting our tree with the kids. We ran a quick 4 mile loop at Silver Falls State Park.
Our plan is to run the half marathon on the Deschutes to be our first big jump into the 2017 year.
In order to get there we half some training todo before the big run. I want to line out my plan to prepare for this run.
Preparation Steps for Trail Running:
- Run at least 5 times per week (trail run, road run, cross train)
- situps and pushups each night (50 and 25)
- Eat right (Plan my lunch so can stay in tune)
- Run a 1/4 marathon (10k) before the Deschutes Run
- Focus mentally and set good goals
After this run we will start to focus on the Volcano Run which is a nice 50k. I’ll be updating the plan for this run as I move forward. If you have any tips just send me an email at email@example.com.
Lots to do but I need sure to focus on what’s in front right now. Training everyday to make sure I can finish the half marathon. What’s on your goals sheet for 2017? Leave a comment below and let me know.