I’m going to walk you through the steps to setting up and using your new hydration bladder. I will include a short video that walks you step by step through using the hydration bladder and insulating sleeve. There are some awesome features on this model that many people find super useful.
How to Use Your Hydration Bladder
This video walks you step x step through the process that I outline below.
7 Steps to Using Your Hydration Bladder
- Remove Packaging – Upon opening your box, discard the plastic bag and silica pouch to avoid any complications if you have small children (see warning on packaging label).
- Cleaning – Go ahead and wash your bladder before first use. Follow the directions on your insert card that came with the package.
- Fill Your Bladder – Unscrew the lid counterclockwise and fill water to the desired level. Save a little in weight, and try filling to 1-2 liters on shorter outings. After full, screw the lid back on until snug.
- Max Filling – When filling the bladder with 3 liters of water, you may want to support the bag on the bottom of the reservoir instead of putting all of the weight on the handle. This will reduce lid pressure and increase longevity of your bladder.
- Tightening the Lid – There is no need to over tighten the lid. Just turn the lid clockwise until you feel resistance. Then do another ⅛ turn until it tightens up snugly.
- To Drink – Pull the dust cap off the nozzle and pull the nozzle up. Bite on the rubber end and suck until water flows.
- Long Term Storage – Don’t forget to DRY your reservoir if not using for an extended period of time. The easiest way is to just open the lid, turn upside down and hang dry from a clothes hanger.
How to Use Your Insulated Hydration Sleeve
This video shows you some of the insulated sleeve features as outlined below.
- Bladder Insertion – Pull up the velcro on the top flap and put your hydration bladder into the sleeve. We’ve made the sleeve 3L in size to accommodate a wide range of hydration bladders. You can use your insulating sleeve in combination with other smaller bladders and your lunch, for example.
- Attaching to Other Products – This sleeve can be attached to any other product that has a tie down capacity. For example, the deck of a kayak works well in many situations. Simply,clip the black clips onto the webbing and you have complete water access.
- Backpack Attachment – If, for example, you need more room inside your pack and want to avoid putting your bladder inside, you can attach the bladder and sleeve to the outside of your pack (See photo below). The sleeve is sized to attach to most moderate sized packs.
- Insulation Sleeve – Your sleeve and bladder will also slide into the inner pocket of most backpacks if you want extra insulation and protection for your bladder. This will add an additional layer of insulation to keep your water flowing cool for many hours.
***Additional Uses – We would love to hear back from you if you have a new uses for your insulating sleeve. Just send me a message at CrystalCreekGear@gmail.com.
If you have any other questions or comments, please send us an email anytime, day or night. As a family business, we understand the importance of connecting and building a relationship with each and every customer. So please don’t hesitate to email us if you have concerns with your product. You can reach me directly at email@example.com.