We recommend cleaning your hydration bladder before first use and occasionally throughout the life of your product. This will assure your reservoir stays clean and lasts for years to come.
5 Steps to Cleaning a Hydration Bladder:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with hot water or 1 cup of vinegar with hot water and mix inside your bladder.
- Allow mixture to drain into the hose by holding the bladder above your head, then squeezing the valve nozzle for 10-20 seconds. Let stand for 30-45 minutes.
- Next, drain the cleaning solution from your bladder and mix hot water with mild soap inside your bladder. Rinse it around, and let it run down the hose by holding the bladder above your head again.
- After the water/soap mix is rinsed and drained, hang dry the reservoir before storing for extended periods of time.
- If, at a later point, you forget to clean your bladder for an extended period of time and mold builds up, you can use a bladder and hose brush to clean fully.
Send me an email at email@example.com if you have any questions. I’d love to hear any feedback you might have.